Midlands Whiskey Day Tour
Perfect for group of 10 or more, why not join us on the Midlands Whiskey Day Tour where your group will fully discover the centuries-old tradition of whiskey production in the Midlands, visit the birthplaces of some of the finest Irish Whiskey brands and marvel at the quiet beauty of the Midlands region.
Your group will be met by your experienced Midlands Whiskey host at your location (group pick ups can be organised from all Midlands hotels/B&B/guest houses), where the tour will begin with an in depth insight into the fascinating history of Midlands Whiskey. You will learn about the Midlands rich whiskey heritage, its rise and fall through the years to its present-day revival.
- Discover the magic that lies inside the walls of the Tullamore Dew Visitor Centre where you will enjoy tour and a tutored tasting of their famous whiskeys.
- Visit a local whiskey bar in Tullamore Town, where we will sample the delights of another local brand, native to Tullamore, Egan's Irish Whiskey.
- Spend time in the picturesque village of Kilbeggan, that is home to Ireland’s oldest distillery and see how Kilbeggan Irish whiskey is distilled today. You will finish the tour with a sample of Kilbeggan’s finest ‘Uisce Beatha’.
- Taste some of the finest Irish Whiskey chocolate at Kilbeggan Handmade Chocolate factory, which is one of the very few companies in Ireland that controls the entire chocolate manufacturing process from cocoa bean to bar.
- A visit to the Midlands would not be complete without a visit the oldest bar in Ireland, Sean's Bar in Athlone! We will have the opportunity to meet with the Sean's Bar team and learn about their very own Irish Whiskey that encapsulates over 1000 years of Midlands history, while enjoying a little tipple of their tasty whiskey!
We invite you to enjoy a true Irish Whiskey Experience and uncover the secrets behind the brands and why the angels always get their share in the Midlands.
Tour Duration: 7 hours
Minimum group size 10+
Pricing from €99 per person
Please contact us for information on availability and pricing. Pre booking is essential. Kindly note that this experience is a group activity for 10 people and above.